Thursday, May 1, 2014

Thoughts On Continued Development

So, it has been a topic that had been brought up a lot so I figured it was worth mentioning.  A lot of people that I have talked to have expressed interest in using the VisualScheduler application and have been asking for the URL.  Most of them have also said that they would definitely pay five dollars a semester for our schedule generator.  Zach has showed the application to a UNM recruiter and they were very impressed with the application.  She gave us the name of someone named Cinnamon Blair to talk to about money and if we will be allowed to make profit off of the application.  I firmly believe that if we talk to UNM about making profit off of the application, people will use it and it will be successful.  Soon in the future, we plan to get more server space than the micro instance we have right now so we can support many more users.  One of the starting places to kick off the application will be the UNM subreddit to get the word out to other people at this University.  We will also be setting up social media pages soon to get people involved with the application.  I do not see a reason why UNM would provide something like OpenData if they did not want an application like this to be made, so I feel as though me and my team have filled a giant hole in the registration process.

No comments:

Post a Comment