Tuesday, May 13, 2014

We Did it

I cannot believe that our project was picked as the top software engineering project of 2014.  I feel that the whole thing came together very solidly.  I was nervous at first since our project was not evaluated on the content, but on the quality of the speech.  One thing is for sure though, I am so glad that we had two practice pitches before this one.  The biggest benefit in my mind is that it gave us a chance to really nail down our timing.  If we had gone on stage today and been four minutes short on our talk as we had previously done, we would have had no chance.  The practice talks got us very comfortable with our speeches and I was not nearly as nervous for today as I thought I would be.  We have a long way to go though.

I do believe that we can use this application to change the world through software.  In fact, with our winnings, I believe that we are going to upgrade our Amazon server and try to get this thing out by October.  I feel that by winning today, we have made a great impact on the class and now we must make an impact on the rest of campus.

A big thanks to Professor Ackley, the guest judges, and my fellow students for this class.  It has helped me grow as a Software Engineer.

No comments:

Post a Comment