Friday, April 11, 2014

Calendar Joy

Well I have been looking into the calendars that we can use for our web application.  I think I have decided that the Angular UI calendar is the best bet.  With the Google API, from what I gathered, even if we don't want to access a user's personal information we still have to authenticate them with Google.

Writing a calendar for the application has been really difficult.  I have been working on back end development for the majority of the project and I have been having to learn Javascript and Angular JS in a matter of days.  Javascript is similar to Java, but the scope is really messing with me.  I have been confused on what can be accessed, who can see variables, and so on.  I have been writing a calendar, but I am unfamiliar with this language so I am getting errors that I have had no idea how to solve.  The majority of my time has been spent on Google trying to debug something I don't fully understand.

As we approach the end of the semester, the thought that this project may not get done is scary.  We have so much to do, and no time to do it.  It has been really difficult having a team mate who lives out of town (and similar issues) to have team meetings because we do not meet nearly as much as other teams.  I feel like this is the cause of our lack of progress.  We have had a lot of hardships on the team and it has been tough to accomplish anything effective.  Hopefully, we can work hard to get the project done, but I wish we had more time to make it great.

No comments:

Post a Comment