Saturday, February 22, 2014

Current Work: 1

Current Work 1

So as of late, I have been working on implementing a simple backend to really kick off this project.  I am trying to figure out how REST commands like GET and PUT interact with the code and how they actually call the code.  I have also been learning how to parse and create JSON objects that are going to be passed back and forth between the frontend and backend.  It is a little odd how REST works and a big part of what I am doing right now is experimenting with it to figure out the ins-and-outs.  To make a successful project, we must make the front end and the backend have flawless communication so knowing everything that I possibly can about REST and getting comfortable using it is, I feel, a good use of time.

I am slowly making progress towards figuring out how to implement all of this as well as getting a better understanding of web applications in general.  So far, I have had a lot of library and dependency issues which have made me dive into the numerous help forums out there and have a better understanding of what things like web.xml and pom.xml do.  The biggest struggle so far is just getting familiar with new things.  Basically, aside from JAVA everything in this project, even something as simple as GIT, is new to me so it has been difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment