Thursday, February 13, 2014

Initial Pitch Reviews

Pitches: Day 1

After listening to half of the classes project pitches today, I was very impressed at the creativity and presentation of everyone in the class.  I really liked Trent's project of making a program that synchronizes visual effects with music played on a MIDI board.  Also, Alan had a very elegant proposal and was very fluent with his speech.  You could tell that he has a great vision for the backpacking project and knows the ins and outs of what needs to be done.  I also liked Kishore's project about the social snowboarding app.  As a snowboarder myself, I see this as a really rad idea that I would be excited to use when on the mountain.  Ronald's project was neat as well, but I was more impressed with his verbal skills and his selling skills.  One thing that I noticed is that in my proposal I attempted to use the Goldilocks's method to pitch my idea.  From other speeches I heard, I did not see anyone else try to use it.  If they did, maybe it was hidden and I didn't catch it.  

From the projects proposed so far, I think my top picks are
Kishore - Snowboarding App
Alan - Backpacking App
David B - Converting web pages for PC to web pages on smartphones

Seeing other people present and how well they did, I know what I can work on in the future and, hopefully, have more impact on my audience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment