Thursday, February 20, 2014

Start of Group Projects

Group Project Begins

Well, it's finally that time.  I am super happy that I was able to get on the UNM visual schedule project as it was my first choice.  After our first two group meetings, I think we have a really good team and can make something to really change the world.

Dan has a really great vision for the project and is going to be a great leader.  So far, he has been very prepared and knows what everyone needs to do.  I am excited that I get to work with the SAX parser and focus a lot of energy on parsing the open data that UNM provides.  I did not get to work with the SAX parser a whole lot in 351, so it will be nice to gain some experience with it.

Already, I have been reading up on Javascript and AngularJS as I have never really had to make a web application.  I am really stoked, but really nervous to tackle this project.  I have never worked with MySQL, Javascript, TomCat, or REST so it will be a huge learning curve.  I think we will be able to manage though and make something very special..

No comments:

Post a Comment