Saturday, March 29, 2014

Progress Report

Progress

Well after only about 4 hours in Starbucks and being pushed into buying a hobo lunch, I have made a significant amount of progress.  I got the backend returning any kind of entity that a user specifies and performing accurate database queries.  I had accomplished this before, but it had a very brute force feel to it that looked terrible and was hard to follow so I am slightly happier with this new implementation.  There are some repeated parts of code that look very copy-paste and I have been trying to think of a way to further abstract this.  For now though, there is a 95% working implementation.  I must still implement this to work with specified meeting times and instructors, but for now it seems to work well for everything else.

The progress is looking good for the demo on Wednesday and I am hoping to really impress Ackley.  After hearing about some of the meetings that other teams have had, I am nervous about the cosmetic appearance of our application.  I do feel that our mock ups will help us implement a site with a friendly user experience and nice flow.  I am super stoked about how programming went today and am excited for the rest of the team to check it out and provide feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment