Sunday, March 9, 2014

Progress

Progress

I have been working on making the Model and Controller for the unmvisual project.  I was hoping to get this done by the weekend, but it turns out that I went down a rabbit hole all day yesterday and was not able to get anything concrete accomplished.

In doing this though, I learned a lot about how JSON objects really work and I have a great idea to get this part of the project done.  Using JPA 2.0, if an argument that is accepted into a function is defined as JSON in the annotations of the method, it will be automagically parsed and made an instance of said object.  I did not realize this and worked on making a JSON string parser which took hours and was a waste.

I really want to up the pace of our project as it feels like we have been stuck where we currently are forever.  If we can get the front end and back end communicating properly, then we can all dog pile on the javascript front end and focus on making it look as pretty and be as user friendly as possible.  The fact that most of our project is in javascript is mildly unnerving because none of us have ever written any javascript, so it will take some time to learn.  




No comments:

Post a Comment